OUR WINTER HOURS
Welcome to the monthly online Rendez-vous de la Baie newsletter! Starting January 2, our Winter business hours will be 7am to 3pm from Monday to Friday, and 9am to 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
ACTIVITIES AT RENDEZ-VOUS DE LA BAIE
At Le Trécarré Art Gallery
Discover the new exhibition at Le Trécarré from January 8 to February 28: “HOMING – VOL DE RENTRÉE”, an expo by Jay LeBlanc. Vernissage: Sunday, February 9 from 1pm to 3pm.
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITY: 2014 CLARE MAP-BROCHURE!
The Municipality of Clare Tourism Department is pleased to offer businesses and organizations an advertising opportunity on our new full-colour 2014 Clare Tourism Map-Brochure. This double-sided brochure will replace the Clare tear-off maps from previous years, and will include many new features:
* Brochure format to enable distribution in NS Visitor Information Centres
* Activity Guide and Map featuring Acadian, Music, Outdoors and Hands-on Experiences, with QR codes
* Attraction Map and Visitor Services listings
* Custom plastic holders for display at participating locations
20,000 copies will be printed in early April and distributed at local accommodations, attractions and restaurants, and at other locations throughout the region, and at NS Visitor Information Centres, including Halifax Airport & Waterfront, and at various conferences, events and selected consumer trade shows (Saltscapes, Halifax). The Clare map-brochure will also be available online at : www.BaieSainteMarie.com
Ad size 2.5”tall x 2.0”wide = $150 + HST. Maximum 3 spaces per business. 18 total spaces available (6 rows x 3 columns). We can design your ad or you can supply your ad.
To reserve your ad space today, please contact us ASAP as spaces are selling quickly! (9 of 18 spaces already sold). Contact Larry Peach: 902-769-1234 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monthly Promotion: Daily Lunch Specials!
The Rendez-vous café is offering a daily special for the entire month of February!
Stay tuned for future promotions! For information on our daily specials and special events, call 902-769-3674 or “Like” the Rendez-vous de la Baie Facebook Page
SPONSOR OF THE MONTH: LA FÉDÉRATION RÉGIONALE DES ARTS ET DU PATRIMOINE DE LA BAIE SAINTE-MARIE (FEBRUARY)
The Rendez-vous de la Baie is very pleased to announce that the La FRAP is the sponsor of the month for February 2014. Their generous contribution provides everyone with free access to the Acadian Interpretive Centre museum halls.
The mission of La Fédération Régionale des Arts et du Patrimoine de la Baie Sainte-Marie (FRAP) is to gather and represent the leading organizations related to the arts and heritage of the region, allowing them to increase the capacity and expertise, provide training, facilitate communication, encourage the development of collaborations and partnerships and coordination of joint projects. This year, we are organizing a cultural festival that celebrates the arrival of spring and its light as well as the beauty of our culture.
Le Festival de Clare-té will be held from March 20-23,2014 and will offer a variety of great activities.
Some examples of activities are:
– A presentation on the importance of stained glass at Église Sainte-Marie
– Workshop on installation art and lanterns
– Cosmic bowling and bingo
– A presentation on the Culinary Heritage of Baie Sainte-Marie
– An Evening of Nocturnal art
The full program will be available soon. For more information, please contact Natalie Robichaud 902-698-1751.
Access to the Acadian Interpretive Centre (Museum) at Rendez-vous de la Baie is now free of charge. New since 2012, the admission fees have been replaced by a Donation box, as well as a new Corporate Sponsorship Program.
For more information on the Corporate Sponsorship Program, please view the PDF.
PARTNERSHIPS IN PROGRESS
“BEST OF YAS” AWARDS
On January 9 2014, the Yarmouth and Acadian Shore Tourism Association (YASTA) honoured the best with awards in 20 different categories. Council for the Municipality of Clare would like to congratulate all the winners from the Clare area.
* Évelina’s: Winner for Best Rappie Pie.
* Festival acadien de Clare’s Street Parade: Winner for Best Festival Experience.
* Mavillette Beach: Winner, Best Beach.
* Cape Ste-Marie: Runner Up, Best Ocean View.
* La Cuisine Robicheau: Runner Up, Best Restaurant.
* Max Thibodeau: Runner Up for Best Farm Market Vendor.
* Belle Baie Park: Runner Up for Best Campground.
* Le P’tit Bois Trails: Runner Up for Best Walking Trail.
* Rendez-vous de la Baie (Learning Acadian History): Runner Up for Best Experience for Visitors.
* June Deveau’s Studio & Gallery: Runner Up for the Best Gallery Experience.
* The Grinders: Runner Up for Best Local Band.
* Belliveau Motors Golf Tournament: Runner Up for Best Golf Event.
TOURISM INFORMATION SESSION
The CDÉNÉ, in collaboration with the RAIE, would like to invite Clare tourism stakeholders to a bilingual information session. The event takes place on Friday, Feb. 20, from 4:45 pm to 8:45 pm, in the cafeteria at École sécondaire de Clare.
Click image below to download PDF of the complete program.
Have any questions or comments?
Contact Larry Peach: Manager, Rendez-vous de la Baie & Tourism Director, Municipality of Clare
902-769-1234 [ email ]
Café: 902-769-3674 Visitor Information: 902-769-2345 (re-opening April 2014)